- To build students’ good character traits so that students can achieve whole-person development.
- To develop students’ ability to identify the values embedded, analyse objectively and make reasonable judgement in different issues they may encounter at their developmental stages so that they could take proper action to deal with the challenges in their future life.
- To let students foster community and be a global citizen, which encourages and enables students to engage themselves in the community awareness of the shared human experience and makes them messengers of the values they embody.
School ethos and environment implicitly affect students’ behavior and values. School’s values like harmony and principles like perseverance should be reflected by school’s policy and daily activities. Demonstration of the positive values and attitudes is to let students learn gradually in daily school life.
Participating in the community to serve others is not only the ending point but also the starting point. Our school provides different opportunities for students to do social services, to nurture responsibility and commitment. Multicultural Festival and International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination activities are held every year. Through these activities, students can strengthen their positive values and be confident in taking up more responsibilities and facing future challenges.
Humanitarian Education Centre “Warzone 90”
In this 90-minutes long journey, our students stepped into a ruthless battlefield to experience the taste of despair, as well as the glimpse of hope. This exploration program adopt a 4E’s education pattern – Explore, Experience, Exchange and Engage. This assists the participants to build up humanitarian perspectives, instil a sense of humanitarian care and take humanity into action in order to answer the ever-changing humanity challenges, to bring hope for the sufferers and practice a humanitarian mission of protect human lives, care for the vulnerable and respect human dignity.
Senior Citizen Home Safety Association “Experimental Workshop”
Through the experiential workshop, students were able to see elderly from a novel perspective by experiencing a simulated life journey. In the process, students had more inspiration and understanding of their life journey, be able to accept being old and treasure time, have empathy and respect for the elderly.
The Community Chest Flag Day
Our school have mobilized students to participate in “The Community Chest Flag Day” targeted to raise fund for the Chest’s 163 member agencies which provide a wide range of social services to benefit over 2.5 million needy in Hong Kong. Encouragingly, our school has received two champion awards, namely “Most supportive award” and “Best performance award”.
The National Education committee integrates the education of the Constitution, the Basic Law and the national security through the cooperation of different subjects and different learning experience, to establish students’ national identity and enhance students’ national identity, and the understanding of Chinese history and culture.
- Improve students' understanding of Hong Kong and the country, deepen their understanding of the Constitution, the Basic Law and "One Country, Two Systems", and establish and strengthen their national identity and sense of responsibility.
- Broaden students’ horizon, strengthen students' awareness and attention to the development of modern China, and help students build a sense of belonging to the country and nation.
- Strengthen students' understanding of Chinese history and culture, learn Chinese virtues, cultivate national qualities and students' feelings for the country.
- Non-Chinese speaking students can deepen their understanding of China, cultivate an attitude of mutual respect, and build a harmonious and inclusive community.