The Arts Education curriculum aims to help students:
- develop creativity, critical thinking and communication skills, and nurture aesthetic sensitivity and cultural awareness;
- develop arts skills, construct knowledge, and cultivate positive values and attitudes;
- gain delight, enjoyment and satisfaction through participating in arts activities;
- pursue a lifelong interest in the arts.
Four Learning Targets are set out to achieve the Arts Education curriculum aims. These targets are inextricably intertwined and form the core of the Arts Education curriculum:
- Developing Creativity and Imagination
- Developing Skills and Processes
- Cultivating Critical Responses
- Understanding Arts in Context
Our school-based Arts curricula consist of art appreciation and criticism, and art making / composing & performing, catering both the majority and elite students.